Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Don't get your panties in a wad.

As I walked into our bedroom tonight, I see the suitcase still full of clothes from last weekend, I see the clean clothes in the corner of the room piled up just waiting to be hung up, not to mention the dirty ones that are over filling the hamper & I think to myself... "What the heck did I sign up for."  When I first moved out, I realized that yeah of course I would have to do laundry, clean, etc.  But now, I seriously give my mom props for picking up and hanging up my clothes because good lord.  I HATE hanging up clothes, I HATE folding clothes, I pretty much hate anything to do with clothes.  I wash them, dry them, and then throw them in the corner in a laundry basket and make T dig through them just to find a pair of socks... which most the time don't even match because, hey after so many times of digging & digging, a dang sock is bound to get lost.  Which leads to him being late for work, and then he gets his panties in a wad because "his socks don't match & it throws his day off."  Like seriously babe?  It throws your day off?  Good lordy kid, who the bleep did I marry?  haha kidding, but that is one new thing I have learned about T.. he likes his dang socks matched!  I better get my butt in gear, so he doesn't have anymore "off" days.  But seriously, we are hitting life pretty hard right now, & most of all it is just plain old crazy even I can't keep up.  After so many times packing and going, you get tired.  We are working so much lately to try to save money because we are going to Hawaii in July, that I feel that I don't have a husband anymore.  I have been swamped with photography lately, and all I do is spend my nights sitting at a computer screen editing away.  Although, I love to edit and love to shoot when we both have a weekend off we take advantage and go out of town.. even if it is just to Beaver to see family.  We get home late Sunday nights and once Monday comes, we are both so busy that the clothes still sit in the suitcase until the weekend rolls around.
It just filters them in & then out, each weekend.  Most the time, I seriously end up leaving them in it and saying "Heck, I will just wear the same outfits this weekend... cause last weekend I was in Salt Lake, this weekend I am in Beaver & pshh they are still clean.."  I wish I could say I am joking but unfortunately...I'm not.  Before you get thinking weird thoughts, yes I throw in clean underwear.  But on the bright side of this last busy month, Oaklee learned how to lay down.  Score!!  She is what, like almost 5 and she finally knows a trick.. It was a proud mom & dad moment right there (we even had to video it & send to grandma).  Well April is finally here, and they say April showers bring May flowers... even though the weather in St. George is just grand.. it has been a little dark, gloomy and a tad rainy lately.  Which hasn't bothered me because by the time my photo shoots roll around its cleared up.  Last weekend we took a trip up north because I had some photo shoots.  It was a long trip, 4 hours to drive, best part was jamming out to 2000 hits on the way up.  On the way home we got stuck in a huge snow storm... if you know me I HATE snow... mmm another thing to add to my hate list.  Anyways, a car wrecked right in front of us, luckily T was driving because I would have been a wreck.  (I was pretty much the whole time anyways.)  So here is to another week gone, another weekend to write in the books, and to the future.. Let's hope we can both make it through these busy times and Hawaii comes fast, so we can sit and enjoy the sunshine.

With this post came a list of ten things I have learned that I hate since I moved out.

1.  Hanging up clothes (you already knew that.)
2. Snow (Wait, knew that too)
3. My neighbors across the street.
4. Stoplights.  (I moved from a one stop light town to a billion)
5. Rude drivers, crazy drivers, and old drivers. Like c'mon be polite, go back to the nursing home, and simmer down.
6. Getting the mail & not having any mail.  This seriously puts a damper on my day.
7.  Old friends that aren't your friends once you move away.
8. The word, "its trash day."
9. Trying to decide on what to make for dinner.
10. When people ask me "What are you going to do with your life?"  I don't even know what I am wearing tomorrow, let alone what I am doing in 10 years.
So there you have it, ten things I offically hate since I have moved out.  What things have you learned or you hate since you moved away/on your own?

With love,
Shalyn

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home