Saturday, August 9, 2014

Washington, Hawaii... and big news????

I haven't had much time to even sit down and blog this summer!  It has been full of adventures, big news, happy events, and super fun vacations!  Let me try to break this long blog post down and fill you with all the crazy info I have experienced this summer!


First came June, the first official month of summer!  T had to go to his annual summer training for the military which left me with two free weeks with nothing to do!  After some life events occurred and plane tickets got changed, my dad and I decided to take a trip that we have both been wanting to take for a very long time! We decided to go drive Highway 101 for 6 days!  It was SO much fun and a trip I will always remember taking with my dad! We started off by flying to Seattle, Washington!  We spend about 24 hours in Washington... we saw the space needle, and several of Washington's "famous" spots!  We hit the highway and headed down the road we went!  It was a long couple of days but let me tell you, I had a blast!  I have never been to Washington, Oregon or Northern California!  So I crossed those off my 50 states to see list! (YAY!)  We hit Oregon somewhere between day 2 & 3 and saw several gorgeous beaches, turned on several curvy roads, and had a blast!  The beaches were incredible, the sights were so much fun and it was just an incredible time traveling down highway 101!  We finally hit Northern California, and it was NOTHING like Southern!  I have never been there before so I was a little shocked at just how different it was compared to what I have seen of California!  We finally ended our trip by arriving in San Francisco... which I got to mark off visiting that wonderful city off my bucket list and seeing the Golden Gate Bridge!  We spent two days in San Francisco, and saw the Full House "house" ... except I was dissapointed because they had painted it purple!!  But all in all it was such a fantastic trip and I had a blast!  It's funny how things fall apart so that better things can come together?  That is one thing I have learned this summer.. and everything that has happened has been for the best!  This trip was one for the books!

On to July, we spent the fourth of July up at Stadium of Fire (its a UT thing), seeing Carrie Underwood perform live with a group of friends!  It was such a fun time and Carrie Underwood is beyond amazing!  July brought some hot heat down to St. George, so staying inside was a must!  But once the end of July hit, we packed our bags and headed for Maui, Hawaii! ... Aloha!  We had planned a trip to go see some friends get married, but just like I said earlier... things fall apart so things come together!  Ty and I still decided to pursue the trip since it was all paid for, and we just did our own thing which was so much fun!  We celebrated our big one year anniversary on July 26 and had an amazing time at a Luau!  It was both our first time going, so we spent our week relaxing on the beach, snorkeling, going on sunset cruises, playing in the water, and just enjoying this year of a roller coaster we have been on!  Hawaii was beyond amazing but it was so nice to return home to see our two little dogs, sleep in our own comfy bed, and make ourselves a nice, juicy steak on the BBQ!  When we returned home I was home for one night and then I headed up to Orem, UT to take my best friend wedding dress shopping!  I seriously love anything that has to do with weddings, so I was too excited to be able to go with her!  After a long, tiring day... she finally said yes to the dress!!  I also got to see my cute pregnant sister in law who is due with a baby girl Dec. 20, 2014 and my brother who I don't get to see too often!  It was a terrific July because we received some news that we are SO thrilled about!! .....

Let me back up to May.... back in May we had been trying for a baby since T returned in March.  But with no luck, we had to go to our next option which was doing some fertility medicine.  We started the first round of fertility medicine in May and it was our time in June, but unfortunately during "the time" T was leaving to summer AT.. With no hope in the books we just waited for the next 35 days to roll around and to try again...  But before I can start the next round I have to take pregnancy tests, but I knew there was NO way we could have gotten pregnant... but what do I know!  We found out we are expecting baby #1 on March 2, 2015!!  Words cannot describe how happy we are!  We have gone to two appointments and heard our little babe's heart beat for the first time last week, it was 170!  We are too excited and cannot wait to be parents!  The Dr. says everything looks healthy and perfect!  We are so blessed that our heavenly father is looking out for us and is trusting us to be parents to a little babe...  My side of the family is getting 3 grandchildren in 4 months!  My oldest brother is having a boy in November, then my middle brother is having a girl in Dec. and we are having one in March!  My parents are beyond thrilled!

.... so what will it be, a girl or a boy?  Only time will tell, but either way we are just hoping for a healthy pregnancy! ...

Until next time, 
-Shalyn

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home