Monday, August 3, 2015

Chicken Fiesta || My go to meal

I have a love hate relationship with cooking.  I love being able to sit down with T and enjoy a home cook, all from scratch i might add meal.  However, when I turn and look at my kitchen & my sink I want to cringe because when making a home cooked meal it requires a lot of dishes.  Well at least it does when I cook! Anyways, this is T and I's favorite go to meal.  Its in a crock pot, its so easy and it tastes home made (which it mainly is but you get the idea.)


















Fiesta Chicken
you'll need:

  • chicken breasts
  • jar of salsa
  • can of corn
  • can of red enchilada sauce 
  • taco seasoning
  • can of beans
  • ranch powder
  • taco shells
  • cheese, sour cream, ranch, etc. (whatever you want on your tacos)
  • crockpot
  1. So I use the bag of frozen chicken breasts and I just thaw them.  I keep a stock of them in the Freezer so its easy to grab and use! So I get those out and I always wash mine off and get rid of any fatty pieces.  
  2. I put the chicken breasts in the crock pot on the very bottom. 
  3. I dump in the jar of salsa, corn, beans and enchilada sauce. 
  4. then I add my taco seasoning, a little ranch powder, and some salt+pepper. 
  5. I stir it all around and I add a bit of water if its super thick. 
  6. Then I just let it cook. I Always cook it on high for about 3-4 hours but on low will work too! Just make sure your chicken is good and cook. 
  7. Then I take the chicken breasts out and I shred them with two forks and dump it all back in and let it simmer together for about 30-45 minutes. 
  8. We normally eat this for tacos but you can eat it on salads, rice, make enchiladas, etc.  We love to eat it on rice if I have a bit more time!  But we are mainly taco people! 




\\ I hope you love it!  IT turns out SO yummy and it is one of my go to meals because its mainly using all pantry supplies, if your out of one of the supplies, its okay just move past it! 

















Enjoy, 










Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2015 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

This looks super yummy! I love crockpot meals! And I'm with you on the cooking... I love when I have a nice dinner ready for my hubby when he gets home--but I hate the mess of pots and pans that takes forever to clean afterwards!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm glad induction was good for you. I know some people can get totally freaked out by it. :)

Loving your blog so far, and I can't wait to read more from you!

x.o. Jessica
My Peanut Butter Problem

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home